– Michelle Herman sends word that the latest Southeast Review issue is out and they have online content. Michelle has a piece about the books on her bedside table. In it she breaks down how the books are stacked:
1) The ones Iâ€™m in the middle of right now.
2) The ones Iâ€™ve just finished in the last week or two and loved so much I just canâ€™t bear to put them away yet. (Iâ€™m not even sure why, but I need to keep them near, which reminds me of the way I used to be about boyfriends: even after Iâ€™d broken up with them, I kept them around for a while, just in case.)
3) The books I am planning to read soon.
I have a similar stack on my office desk, but the stacks are 1) Books I want to read, 2) Books I have read and need to review, and 3) Books I haven’t made a decision about.
– Jason Sanford sends word that: The storySouth Million Writers Award for Fiction notable stories of 2005 have been released.